Saturday, December 31, 2011

Butler Basketball Game Day (12-31-11)



Butler has been using a number of my photos from last season (and even some from the season before) for its basketball marketing campaign this year.  My photos have been used on posters, billboards, newspaper ads and even on the season tickets.

One of the things Butler always features in it basketball marketing is Hinkle Fieldhouse. Hinkle has quite a history (Hoosiers was filmed there among other things) and was named after the legendary Butler basketball coach Tony Hinkle who is credited with inventing the orange basketball.

The poster above was a giveaway at a game earlier this season and has also been used in print advertising.  The picture used on this poster is used quite frequently by Butler.  The funny thing is though, I didn't take it; Emily did.

This shot was taken at the last home game last season (02-26-11).  It was Senior Day and I knew there would be a near-capacity, if not a sellout crowd.  It was also an afternoon game.  As you can see, Hinkle Fieldhouse has windows.  Not many basketball venues have those anymore.  I really thought Butler would like to have some shots of the fieldhouse at full capacity during the daylight.

Since I had to be down on the floor shooting the game, I gave Emily one of my cameras and had her walk the perimeter of the second level shooting the venue from every angle.  I've include below Emily's shot that was used in the poster above.  She did a pretty good job, didn't she? Apparently the folks at Butler seem to think so.



1 comment:

  1. How do I purchase this poster?

    Thanks,

    Jim Vivian
    jvivian@lamcofinishers.com

    ReplyDelete