Saturday, June 9, 2012

Children's Memorial Hospital

I normally post time lapse movies on Tuesdays.  I need to make an exception today.

Today is the opening of the of the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (formerly know as Children's Memorial Hospital).  As I write this the staff of Children's is in the process of moving patients from its current location in Lincoln Park to its new location downtown in the Gold Coast.

I've had a connection to Children's for many years.  My brother Paul was a patient at Children's in the early '60s and my ex-wife Sam has been a nurse at Children's since 1980.  As a matter of fact, Sam is a transport nurse at Children's so I have to image that today will be one of busiest in her career.  Below is a time lapse showing the construction of the new hospital.  Thanks to JoAnne Gunderson for bringing this time lapse to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment