Saturday, January 7, 2012

201 Days Until the 2012 Olympic Games

Ran across this video a day or two ago; couldn't even tell you how I found it.  Wish I had seen it sooner so I could have posted it on New Year's Day.

Since this blog is really a trial run for my Olympic blog and we're finally in the Olympic year, I thought I would go ahead and post the video anyway.  It's the BBC's New Year's Eve show including the fireworks at midnight from London (seeing fireworks coming out of Big Ben is pretty cool).  The BBC announcer is pretty entertaining as well.  It is a bit long (18 minutes), but try to hang in there for at least the first eight minutes.

On the official London 2012 Olympic website, they've got some photos showing the preparations being made for the games.

Back to the States, here's the commercial NBC put together for the Olympics last July (approximately a year before the start of the Games).

No comments:

Post a Comment