Saturday, January 21, 2012

Butler Basketball Game Day (01-21-12)

As I indicated when I started the Butler Basketball Game Day posts , I was going to avoid posting the typical dribbling and shooting basketball photos and I don't think this falls into this category. Especially this season.  That's not to say that Butler hasn't had its share of dunks, it's just been a real challenge for me to get a good shot of one.  Either the referee will stand in front of me or the player has his back to me.  And on those very, very rare occasions, I either miss the shot or it's out of focus (hard to believe, I know).

Not this one though.  This is Khyle Marshall scoring two of his 14 second-half points in Butler's 63-57 win over Loyola-Chicago today.  Complete details of the game (along with another view of this and a second photo of mine from the game) are available at the Butler sports website.





Yes, this is a photo of a basketball player dribbling the ball, but for me, it's not typical.  I very rarely get the opportunity to shoot the Butler women's basketball team.  Turns out there was a doubleheader today with the women's game following the men's and I was able to shoot it as well.

Even though they were down by 17 at one point, the women's team rallied to beat Loyola-Chicago by a score of 60-57.  Complete details and another view of this photo are available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment