Sunday, February 19, 2012

Butler Basketball Game Day (02-18-12) - Part 2


Besides the basketball game, Saturday saw the introduction of Butler's "mascot in training", Blue III (also know as "Trip").  To celebrate the newest mascot, Butler fans saw the return of retired mascot Blue I (above).



Also in attendance was the current mascot, Blue II (above).  (I made squealing noises to get his attention and make him cock his head.)  I featured Blue II in my 01-06-12 post and this is the link to his page on the Butler University website.



And this is Blue III.  He's just a little guy, born in December.  Just like Blue II, he also has his own page on the Butler website.  Everything you want to know about Trip can be found there.



It was quite a scene in the media room before the introduction of the newest mascot.  I can't say that I've ever seen this much commotion for a player or a coach at Hinkle.  Even the university president, James Danko, got in on the action shooting pics of the new mascot with his cell phone.



Trip with breeder Frank King.



All three mascots (four including the one in costume) being introduced to the Butler faithful at Hinkle fieldhouse.  Here's another picture from this scene (but not taken by me) you should check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment