Saturday, February 4, 2012

Butler Basketball Game Day (02-04-12)

As I indicated in my 01-21-12  and 01-26-12 posts, it's been a challenge to get shots of dunks where the player is facing the camera.  It seems like I've only been getting players' backs this season.

Most of Butler's players are right handed, so I usually sit on the baseline with the basket to my left so the player will be facing me if he drives in for a layup or a dunk.  Since it seemed like I was only getting the backs of players on dunks this season, I decided I would shoot with the basket to my right at today's game.  Of course, this was the only and only dunk shot I got today.



The photos I shoot for Butler are used primarily for PR and advertising purposes; not so much for their newsworthiness.  For that reason, I very rarely take pictures of players when they're injured. Almost seems like an invasion of privacy to me.  However, I took this picture of Ronald Nored today.  Just seemed like a simple split lip to me at the time.  Wasn't until I saw this video did I realize that his injury was much more than that.  Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment