Friday, April 13, 2012

Trafalgar Square - The Fourth Plinth

Okay, this has nothing to do with photography.  It's just something I really wanted to share.

There are four plinths in London's Trafalgar Square.  (A plinth is a base or platform upon which a statue is normally placed.)  As it turns out, one of the four plinths (know as the Fourth Plinth) is empty.  Please watch the video above to see what artist Antony Gormley wanted to do with the Fourth Plinth in his project entitled One & Other.

One you've had the chance to watch his video, go to this link: http://vimeo.com/13127106.  It's a short film about how the project turned out.  I wish this would have been planned for the Olympics.  At a minimum, I would have liked to have seen this.  If there had been any chance, I also would have loved to have been a participant.  Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment